Monday, March 22, 2010

The Newlywed Nine?...

Happy Monday! Geoffrey and I have been married for 9 months today! Every 22nd is something special for us, even if the husband laughs about it at first. (I celebrate all kinds of things: our monthly anniversaries, as well as the anniversary of our first date, as well as our ACTUAL anniversary... so he laughs) We're saving money so we don't have much extra for spending but I think I can scrounge up some funds for a dinner out tonight. Where shall we go? I say sushi (of course) or maybe Billy's Inn for some fish tacos? Yes, that might work nicely and would be appropriate since we went to Mexico for our honeymoon. Tequilla!

Now onto this newlywed nine topic. I never did experience the "freshman 15" in college but as I sit here and reflect on the past 9 months of our new marriage, the haunting fact that I have experienced the "newlywed 9" is prevalant. I didn't try to lose much weight for the wedding, just to tone up and look healthy, and most of all, look like MYSELF on my wedding day (not some overly stressed and dieted unrealistic version of my daily self). That being said, I definitely didn't expect to get all squishy after the wedding was over either. I started cooking more, winter came, blah blah, and I felt blah blah. So on this anniversary of being married for 9 months, I am thankful for my new husband, the end of winter, welcoming spring, and am committed to getting this newlywed 9 to leave once and for all! So maybe a nice couples yoga session before dinner tonight :)



Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik

No comments:

Post a Comment