Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fairy Gardens

Have you ever seen one in real life? Not a fairy, but a fairy garden! I've come across pins for various miniature and magical looking gardens but I have never seen one in person until I was at the garden store the other day. They are so sweet and whimsical and I feel that they remind you that it's ok to believe in a little magic here and there. As children we run free and so do our imaginations and dreams of magical things. As adults we look to logic and scoff at such whimsey, seeing it as impractical or a waste of our very grown up and very precious time. This is why I love these little enchanted gardens. It brings back that feeling of childhood wonder and amusement in fantastical things!


I really like this one below because it's an edible fairy garden! Wouldn't this make a cute gift? I have one of these "Red Robin" tomato plants and the first ones are just starting to ripen. They are squatty and stout, getting only 12" high at max with small clusters of red fruit. The green mossy looking stuff in the front is some kind of micro thyme or oregano. Neat!



I would love to put one of these in my yard but I think Asher would enjoy dismantling it. Maybe when he's a little older we can do one together!

One Love,
Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment