Here are some photos I took earlier this week after picking up Geof from his work trip. We are quite familiar with the trip to DIA.
|Welcome to Denver|
|Storm over the mountains - It is monsoon season in Colorado|
|Love these sculptures - and the grass is never so green as it is now!|
|Maybe because it is always so sunny here, they put up cloud sculptures? Anyone know the story?|
Highlight of the day:
Taking the day off to pack and get the house ready for our trip to Milwaukee - Taking the pup on two slow sunny walks
Cancelled flight - Geof working late
Fun Facts about Denver International Airport (one of my all time favorite airports, btw)
- The Jeppesen Terminal roof is made of a Teflon-coated fiberglass material that is as thin as a credit card.
- The four busiest airports in the United States - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, Chicago O'Hare, Los Angeles International, and Dallas Fort Worth - could all fit into DIA’s 53-square miles of land.
- Denver International Airport is one of the world’s greenest airports. We also have the largest solar farm at a commercial airport in the United States.
- The airport contributes over 22 billion dollars a year to Colorado’s economy.
- Denver International Airport was one of the first airports in the United States to integrate art into public spaces. During construction, artists worked with architects to integrate art into the airport.
- Denver International Airport has the only passenger bridge in the United States where you can watch an airplane taxi beneath you.
- Some people think there’s a conspiracy making our airport the center of a New World Order. Rest assured the story is definitely a myth.