Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Love

Saturday we spent a few hours in bed - which is sort of a tradition of ours. We wake, make coffee, grab lists or books or a laptop and start the day slow. I like to blog, Geof likes to play games on my ipod touch, and the pooch lounges sleepily at our feet. It's quite nice :)

After formulating our game plan with mapquest and a Denver Parks map I had on hand, we headed down south to Bear Creek Park and Bear Creek Trail. This is different from Bear Creek Lake Park, which we also enjoy in the summer, as they have a beach! Since this was the first day with warm temps and sunshine lately, I was in a total summer picnic and hike mood! Stopping by Whole Foods for picnic supplies is such a FUN experience for me! I can get into a lot of trouble there, so we have to be careful not to spend $100 on lunch! Geoffrey is a bread/pasta/cheese/meat guy and I'm head over heels for the salads and deli items.

Our picnic lunch included:
Mixed green, mozzarella, and tomato salad with balsamic
Cheese tortollini with roasted tomato sauce
Roasted chicken and fresh veggie spring rolls with peanut sauce
Humbolt Fog goats cheese
French baguette
Herb crusted Boars Head Salami
Mixed olives
34 degree crackers
H2O!

We found a great little spot right on Bear Creek and enjoyed the spread and the pretty weather! We then took a nice long walk/jog along the creek. Water is the ultimate way to get grounded again for Geof and I. We are always trying to find water to enjoy here, as we both miss our big blue Atlantic Ocean. 

On the weekends I love to cook and take my time doing so. It's hard during the week to take your time and I wish I had more time to play in the kitchen and with food photography. On our way home we stopped by Colorado Ski and Golf for Geoffrey and then Sunflower Market to pick up a few dinner supplies as well as a local Colorado Rose and some Negra Modelo Especial with lime. After a few hours doing yard work we were ready for dinner on the grill in the spirit of SUMMER time! Here are a few pics, and I'll post recipes to my food blog: The Tin Lunch Box - Happy weekend, lovelies!

So fresh, summer time is coming!

Italian chicken breasts {for later}, chicken kabobs with BBQ sauce, and veggie kabobs!

Caprese Salad!

Grilled baguette, roasted garlic, caprese salad with balsamic reduction = love!

We grill enough for leftovers in this casa!

Oh hello summery goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment