Thursday, June 3, 2010

Aloha - day 3 & 4

Well, my Geoffrey had to go off and work so I played and rested and really took the word vacation quite literally! I worked out, went and lounged by the pool, finished up my book club book: The Art of Racing in the Rain, started a new book: The Help, wandered around, went and got some groceries and drinks for the room, spent the morning at the beach and then took myself out to lunch overlooking the local surf spot, played dress up in my fresh flower Lei and hairpiece, stuff like that. On our way to dinner we were stopped by these locals!

Geof was back by 4 or 5 so we went to the beach or pool and then out to dinner. On Tuesday we had dinner at this yummy place called the Hula Grill. I had the special which was 2 types of Hawaiian fish, one served terriyaki style and one broiled with crab on top, served with a curry coconut Jasmin rice and Chinese bok choy. It. Was. Awesome. Geof had the surf and turf special: short ribs that fell apart by just looking at them, grilled shrimp skewers, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. Oh, and for an appetizer we had bread with their house made sweet chili water and olive oil and a Maui onion and tomato salad. True: the onions from Maui really do rock your socks off. Not bitter, not sulfur like, but small and sweet and juicy. I'll be updating my food blog when I get back with all this and more, so check it out later here
Flowers from our Mai Thais. One thing about Hawaii, there's no shortage of fresh flowers! They grow in the trees, bushes, and can be found in almost every plate of food and drink you have!
~ Aloha ~

No comments:

Post a Comment