Sunday, November 21, 2010

Napa - Day 1

We flew into San Francisco an hour later than we expected due to heavy fog in the bay area. Geoffrey went to work and I walked to downtown Napa from his job site. Along the way I admired the quaint little neighborhood and the things so characteristic about this region: everyone's yards had lemon and lime trees, olive trees, and roses galore! The roses get to be as big as a dinner plate sometimes! Absolutely beautiful!


I spent the afternoon meandering the streets and shops. I visited a toy shop and the Oxbow Marketplace. The Hog Island Oyster company was in one corner of the market so I sat outside and ordered some oysters and a glass of Fume Blanc. I swear to you, I feel like Napa California is heaven on earth. From the food to the lifestyle to the people to the views. This IS MY KIND OF PLACE!!! Then I found my way to the riverfront and the Napa General Store where Geoffrey met me after he finished with his job. We were starving so we went for some tapas and wine at ZuZu right down the street and to kill time until dinner service started. One glass of wine... two glasses of wine... bread and salted cod and spicy garlic shrimp and olives... we stayed for a long time and soaked up all the goodness, overlooking the Napa river.


It was quite a nice day. A PERFECT day in my world :)















No comments:

Post a Comment