Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sunshine Sauce and a Sunshine Salad

Doing this cleanse has led me to do a lot of scouring for recipes! I've been on the hunt for a Gypsy Cab Co. - like nutritional yeast based dressing because it's cleanse friendly. At long last I found one on a blog that was called "Glory Sauce" (that name fits) that sounded closest to what my Floridia favorite tastes like. I can't take credit for the ingredient list but I started there and added/subtracted a few things. I'd like to call my version of a Florida favorite: Sunshine Sauce! Use to dip veggies in, as a dressing on salads, as a spread on sandwiches, or... just drink it! Juuust kidding.



Sunshine Sauce
1 c. Organic Canola Oil
1 1/4 c. Nutritional Yeast
3 oz. Apple Cider Vinegar
3 oz. Warm Water
2 T. Tahini
1 T. Low Sodium Tamari (soy sauce) 
*Feel free to add a few more tablespoon or to taste, I reduced the sodium quite a bit.
4 Garlic Cloves

Put all ingredients except the canola oil into a food processor and process until smooth. With the processor on, very slowly, drizzle the canola oil into the yeast mixture to emulsify it. If it seems a little thick (I like it a little thicker), add a little more oil or water and blend until fully emulsified. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. But lets be real, it won't last that long!

Sunshine Salad
After the success of the Sunshine Sauce I decided it needed a proper salad to go on. I NEEDED a proper salad as a vehicle to consume this golden deliciousness!  I combined things that are typically on Gypsy's house salad, can you tell? Check out the color of the egg yolk. The brighter and richer, the healthier and I secretly can't wait to have my own chickens and eggs! Of course, I had to add a few edible flowers to the sunshine salad and (after I snapped the pic) I also added a few SUNflower seeds for some crunch.



~Neely~

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe was spot on! Dressing got even better after sitting in the fridge. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete