Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Recipes!

One of my favorite parts about the holidays is menu planning and cooking for my family! I LOVE to go all out and make a bunch of food, some simple and some quite fancy. I thought I'd post a few recipes I'm making this year and some holiday favorites...

My go-to Christmas cocktail is the Poinsettia! I usually make these for brunch on Christmas morning but they are a good pre-dinner cocktail too.

Poinsettia Cocktail


For the second year in a row I've decided to do a Feast of Seven Fishes but this year I've added a Swedish twist. Everything will be served in courses, but Smorgasbord style. Many of the dishes are cold or appetizer-like and a few are hot. 

Here's a LOBSTER recipe I'm very excited to try! This soup course will be a after the cold appetizers and before the hot entrees.


Lobster Stew


For the hot entrees we'll be having Swedish Meatballs with mushroom gravy and Lingonberry jam. and also with mini Crab Cake Bites with Roasted Red Pepper - Chive Aioli. Swedish Smorgasbord is just not complete without meatballs! These will take the place of one of my 'fish' dishes. I think they both will look very pretty on the plate together and pair well with the sides of dill new potatoes and tomato arugula salad. 

Panko Crusted Crab Cake bites


No comments:

Post a Comment